UnifiedNlp (no GAPPS)
README: If this app shows as installed or as updateable but you don’t recall installing it, you should completely ignore it as it will be useless to you and you will not be able to uninstall it nor update it. This is because the Google version comes preinstalled in your device already.
Most modern ROMs come with support for non-Google geolocation providers. On these systems UnifiedNlp can be installed as a user app to replace the network location provider. It acts as a middleware for various plugins aka backends, it does not provide any location lookup itself. For further information please refer to the README.
List of backends for geolocation:
- Apple UnifiedNlp Backend uses Apple’s Wifi database.
- LocalGsmNlpBackend uses downloaded GSM Cell data (local)
- LocalWifiNlpBackend uses (on-device generated) WiFi data (local)
- Déjà Vu Location Service uses (on-device generated) WiFi + GSM Cell data (local)
- MozillaNlpBackend uses Mozilla Location Services
- Radiocells.org UnifiedNlp Backend uses Radiocells.org
List of backends for (reverse) geocoding:
After installing you have to reboot your device, install a backend service and activate/configure it in the app settings. After this you can use UnifiedNlp by activating network-based geolocation from Settings -> Location: You need to select any mode but "device only".
NOTE: If you need to use UnifiedNlp beside GAPPS, you should instead install UnifiedNlp (GAPPS).