A simple VU-style audio meter. You can choose from several formulas to allow the meter to work in low- and high-noise level enviromnents.
I noticed there was no audio meter in F-Droid, so I thought I'd build one.
The app offers a few ways to calculate the audio level to display:
- dBFS: Decibels relative to Full Scale.
- RMS: Root Mean Square. This is arguable the most correct, but it is a little insensitive at low volumes.
- LogRMS: Natural log of RMS: My first attempt to even out the scale. It's a little too sensitive to noisy mics.
- SqrtRMS: Squareroot of RMS: My second attempt to even out RMS: it seems to works best.
- Max: Simply find the loudest bit of each sample. Most responsive, but will peg the scale on noisey places.
- Avg: Simple average of the sound.