Blitzortung Lightning Monitor
Simple to use map based application visualizing real time full area lightning data provided by the blitzortung.org lightning location network project. The current thunderstorm situation at your fingertips.
- realtime display of lightning data
- display of historical lightning data of the last 24 hours
- for regions Europe, North & South America, Asia, Africa and Australia/New Zealand
- lightning strike time color coded
- reduced data volume and fast response
- current lightning strike time and lightning count
- optional user location marker
- alert function shows distance/direction of storms
- background service for alerts
- support for notifications, sound and vibration alarm
- single stroke display for blitzortung.org participants
Please visit http://www.blitzortung.org for more information regarding the community based lightning location project.
The raster display ensures a fast performance of the application even if there is a very high thunderstorm activity. Blitzortung.org participants can visualize all stroke locations individually.
If you would like to contribute to a translation of the software in your language, please do not hesitate to contact the author of the software.