thumb_up Follow me on GitHub to get notifications about my projects (like Fossdroid Core), thanks! close
A free space eraser
A high performance free space eraser, the first on Android. Use before selling your device, after enabling encryption, or after deleting many apps/files.
- Due to how flash drives work and the partition layout of devices, it'll never be possible to fully fill the drive.
- Warning! Excessive use WILL destroy your device!
What is free space erasing?
- Typically when you delete a file it is not really deleted, it is merely removed from the file system's index.
- A free space eraser tool such as this one fills the remaining space of your drive with random noise files and then deletes them.
- This process makes deleted files for the most part irrecoverable.
What is file table filling?
- On some file systems, deleted file names can still be accessible in backup index databases.
- By creating many tens or hundreds of thousands of empty files with different random names you can push out the old files.
- This process makes deleted file names for the most part irrecoverable.