Kwik Moving Map is a companion application to the EFIS. It provides situational awareness and and navigation functionality.
Synthetic vision is built from the USGS 3 arc second Digital Elevation Model data. If enabled, it also allows for some terrain collision detection. The required terrain data packages are available on F-Droid, see:
- Kwik DataPac (usa.can) North America/Canada
- Kwik DataPac (eur.rus) Europe/Russia
- Kwik DataPac (sah.jap) Sahara/Northern Africa/India/Indonesia/Japan
- Kwik DataPac (zar.aus) Southern Africa/Australia/New Zealand
- Kwik DataPac (pan.arg) South America
Airspace data is provided from Worldwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange Airspace http://soaringweb.org/Airspace/
- North West Sector: United States/Canada.
- North East Sector: Europe(Denmark, Germany, Switzerland)/Russia.
- South West Sector: South America.
- South East Sector: Australia/South Africa.
There is a simulator available in the application. It can be used to practice using the program. When active, the heading and altitude can be changed by pitching and banking the device. The speed runs up and down automatically based on the pitch.
Primary Flight Display
Kwik EFIS is a companion application to the moving map. It provides a Primary Flight Display functionality.