Kwik Moving Map is a companion application to the EFIS. It provides situational awareness and and navigation functionality.
Synthetic vision is built from the USGS 3 arc second Digital Elevation Model data. If enabled, it also allows for some terrain collision detection. The required terrain data packages are available on F-Droid, see:
- North America/Canada
- Sahara/Northern Africa/India/Indonesia/Japan
- Southern Africa/Australia/New Zealand
- South America
Airspace data is provided from Worldwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange Airspace http://soaringweb.org/Airspace/
- North West Sector: United States/Canada.
- North East Sector: Europe(Denmark, Germany, Switzerland)/Russia.
- South West Sector: South America.
- South East Sector: Australia/South Africa.
In addition to the internal sensors, a low cost Stratux ADS-B/AHRS can be selected as the input source. See Stratux ADS-B for more information.
There is a simulation mode available in the application. The Flight director is used to select a waypoint and altitude and the simulator will generate the GPS movements to navigate to the selected waypoint. The speed is set at the typical cruise for the currently selected aircraft.
Primary Flight Display
Kwik EFIS is a companion application to the moving map. It provides a Primary Flight Display functionality.