This app exists as a part of a digital platform which will provide essential digital security information.
The platform aims to provide:
- Concise and easy to understand content
- The ability to browse and search for specific content
- Adaptive content that supports self-guided learning
- Selective downloading of content for limited data usage and offline reading
- Multi-platform access, including older Android versions
- Anonymous access to content and no identifiable user data
Open Mentoring exists as a learning content delivery system within a broader ecosystem of content which includes adapting content and establishing partnerships with sources such as: Security in a Box by the Tactical Technology Collective, The Umbrella app by Security First, The Story Maker app by Free Press Unlimited, Scalio, and the Guardian Project, SSD by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, The Digital First Aid Kit by the Digital Defenders Partnership, Level Up by Internews, the Panic Button app by iilab, TOTEM by Greenhost.