Riot gathers all your conversations and app integrations into one single app.
Built around group chatrooms, Riot lets you share messages, images, videos and files - interact with your tools and access all your different communities under one roof. One single identity and place for all your teams: no need to switch accounts, work and chat with people from different organisations in public or private rooms: from professional projects to school trips, Riot will become the center of all your discussions!
Now with end-to-end encryption! You can view and verify your various devices in the user settings page.
- Instantly share messages, images, videos and files of any kind within groups of any size
- Voice and video 1-1 and conference calling via WebRTC
- End-to-end encryption using Olm (<a href="https://matrix.org/git/olm"></a>)
- See who's reading your messages with read receipts
- Communicate with users anywhere in the Matrix.org ecosystem - not just Riot users!
- Discover and invite users by email address
- Participate in guest-accessible public rooms
- Highly scalable - supports hundreds of rooms and thousands of users
- Fully synchronised message history across multiple devices and browsers
- Finely configurable notification settings, synchronised over all devices
- Infinite searchable chat history
- Permalinks to messages
- Full message search
- Excellent support for all Android device sizes and orientations
Note that the F-Droid release does not use GCM for notifications - instead it will keep syncing in the background. If you find that the ongoing background sync is using too much battery, you can add a delay or change the timeout of the sync or even disable background sync completely, in the settings page.
- Riot is a Matrix client - built on the Matrix.org open standard and ecosystem, providing interoperability with all other Matrix compatible apps, servers and integrations
- Entirely open sourced under the permissive Apache License - get the code from <a href="https://github.com/vector-im/riot-android"></a>. Pull requests welcome!
- Trivially extensible via the open Matrix Client-Server API (<a href="https://matrix.org/docs/spec"></a>)
- Run your own server! You can use the default matrix.org server or run your own Matrix home server (e.g. <a href="https://matrix.org/docs/projects/server/synapse.html"></a>)
- Add your own integrations, bridges and bots!
- Email notifications of missed messages and invites
- Screen sharing
- Login as multiple users at the same time
Discover truly efficient and open collaboration with Riot!
- NonFreeNet - Currently the integration server is not configurable in this client and linked to the non-free New Vector implementation. Free alternatives exists but supporting them in Riot Android is still being worked on.