Unless you’ve been living under a rock or hiding in some tall grass you’ve probably heard of Pokémon GO.
With its augmented reality platform, Pokémon GO have been appearing everywhere across the world from rivers and lakes to hospital rooms, and users of the app spend all weekend trying to catch new Pokémon and train them to be the very best.
A number of users have realized that playing the game is draining their battery extremely quickly: playing for 30 minutes reduces battery life by an average of 15 percent, which is rather high in comparison to many other apps (like Facebook or email services).
- Show a black screen over the game when your phone is upside down (in the pocket);
- Block touches while the device is in your pocket;
- Dim the screen to save battery while you are not using the app;
- Extreme battery saver;
- Keep the screen on while playing the game;
- Set the brightness to maximum when the app launches for better outdoor visibility;
- Kill background processes when the app launches (only recommended for devices with <2GB ram).
It has integration for Notifications for GO (Google Play, Source) that permits to get a notification when a Pokemon is around you while the Pokémon GO app is running (it works perfectly with the Xiaomi Mi band).